Wednesday, September 12, 2012

As I looked...

My last post was ...*counts on fingers* how many months ago? Oy, I have really fallen behind.
I will blame much of it on school and a job. And I will still blame it on school. I will blame it on writing. I will also blame it on taking pictures, playing with an adorable baby brother, and listening to some great music. It really doesn't matter. It's all excuses.
The lens on the family's point-and-shoot has broken. As in, I can no longer zoom on the camera. It will occasionally work if I pop out the batteries and put them in again. It doesn't always work, and usually by the time I can do that the subject of my interest has left. So I depend on the shutter button working quickly. Which it doesn't always do. But recently I snapped a picture of an eastern tiger swallowtail in our garage ...using the sport setting. (That thing was fast.)
The next day I saw a red-spotted purple on the ground outside the garage. (It is mostly blue and brown, by the way.)
And that started me on a butterfly hunting photo shoot. After chasing a fritillary of some kind around the garden, it finally sat still for about ten seconds -nearby!
So that made me happy. :)

Enjoy 'til I return again. ;)

1 comment:

Pattie said...

Hi,
I have nominated you for a blog award. Go to my blog if you would like to claim it. It's kinda fun, but time consuming. I completely understand if you don't want to answer the questions.